Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Super Easy Patriotic Burlap Banner

During a trip to Hobby Lobby this week, I spotted this ready made burlap pennant banner.
It was 1/2 off, so I purchased it.
 
You can easily make any kind of banner you would like.
I decided to make a patriotic banner to add to my window booth space.
 
 
 

The banner originally came with twelve burlap triangles.
 
 
 
 
I decided to make two identical banners, using only five burlap traingles for each banner.
I simply cut the banner in half and removed one triangle from each half.
I removed the triangle closest to where I cut the string so that I would have extra string on each end for hanging.
 
 
Next, I used a manilla folder and my Silhouette Cameo to create stencils.
 

 
 
If you do not have a die cutting machine, that's oaky, I've created stencils without it.
You can see more details about that here.
 
 
Then I painted the letters dark blue and the stars red.
 
 


 
 
That's it. I told you it was easy.
 
 
 
 
Enjoy your day and the beginning of summer!
 
 
'til next time,
post signature

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I like how you made two. Was surprised to see the burlap banner at Walmart yesterday. Guess they are pretty popular right now. Your patriotic one is perfect for Summer/4th of July :-)

    Have a happy Wednesday!
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burlap definitely is hot right now. I haven't seen the banner at Wal-mart yet. I know they are carrying a lot of great burlap ribbon!
      Have a great day too Sherri.

      Delete
  2. Cute as every. I love this project!

    ReplyDelete