Thursday, June 19, 2014

Dirty White Cabinet gets a Fresh New Farmhouse Look

I mentioned earlier this week that I worked on a little white cabinet to put in my booth
and here it is.
 
 
 

This is what it looked like when I brought it home.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It wasn't too bad, mainly just dirty.
 
I removed the plastic faux stained glass from the cabinet door then cleaned and sanded it.
I freshened it up with a few coats of white paint, distressed the edges
 and rubbed a protective seal on it. 
 
 
 
 
I replaced the plastic stained glass piece in the door
with a thin piece of wood that I covered in burlap.
 
I had thought about using chicken wire but finally decided on the burlap.
It can easily be changed when burlap isn't as popular as it is right now.
 
 
 
 
It's the perfect size for a nightstand, side table
or even for extra storage in a bathroom or kitchen.
 
 
 
 
 
I think it has a cottage or farmhouse feel to it now, what do you think?
Would you have used burlap or something else?
 
 
'til next time,
post signature
 
 
 
 
Linking to:
My Repurposed Life
 

4 comments:

  1. Great job! I love the burlap. Looks fresh and farmhouse ( I know, that is not a word ;-)

    Happy Thursday!
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmhousie is what it was suppose to say...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherri. and farmhousie is a word to me. I always seem to describe things that way. :)

      Delete
  3. I like the burlap and I never would have thought of that! It looks completely different. It looks like it is a very sturdy piece of furniture that could be used for many things. Good job!

    ReplyDelete