Monday, March 5, 2012

Upcycled Wood Frame Wall Flower Vase

When I stumbled on these little handmade wood frames for .50 each I couldn't pass them up. I instantly had an idea of what to do with them. I would add a little wire and a glass jar to make a rustic wall vase.


Once I got home I searched through items that I already had on hand that would work for my idea and came up with two old square spice jars missing their lids and a roll of wire mesh used on gutters to block debris. All I needed now was a little bit of wire and some picture points to hold the wire mesh to the frames. (both of which I purchased at Lowes for a total of $3.48)


With the wire mesh cut to size for both frames I started hammering the picture points around the mesh to hold it in place.


Then I found the center of the mesh at just the right height to wrap a wire around the neck of the spice jar and tie it around the wire mesh openings.



Once I had the jars both securely wired to the mesh I added a fresh sprig of rosemary and a bradford pear blossom to my new vases. They rest very nicely in a window or I can always add small sawtooth hangers later if I choose to hang them.


This is a perfect place to keep fresh cut herbs in the kitchen!



Easy, inexpensive, versatile and fun accents for any room.
Ooh, I just had another idea! What about hanging them in the bathroom with fresh eucalyptus sprigs. Eucalyptus + steam = great for the sinuses. Let me know if you have any great ideas for these!

'til next time,
Adina



Linking to

7 comments:

  1. Hi Adina! Your wonderful wall flower vases and tutorial (linked back to your blog) were very popular on my Friday Finds last week. They were pinned 227 times on Pinterest just from my blog and probably tons more repins! Thanks for sharing such a great idea with all of us. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet idea Adina! I'm pinning it for future reference. If you feel like sharing, I'd love to have you join our Be Inspired link party Tuesday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so great! I love how simple it is, but it's so pretty! I might have to try something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Simple yet functional. I might give it a try. Thanks for sharing. Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute I will have to dig in the basement I know I have everything down there somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amei teu espaço, eu também amo estilo rústico. Parabéns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea, Adina, of putting the Eucalyptus in and putting it in the bathroom..... perfect for opening up the sinus'!!!!!

    ReplyDelete